Friday, 20 November 2015

Unit 9 design process

Design phase


This unit is all about designing a level and asset that fits the brief set by the London based studio splash damage, the object must follow the art tests brief but due to the nature of the brief we have been given free reign of the design of the level and pillar, the main focus of the unit is to know the process of creating a asset and exporting it from Maya to unreal engine 4. I'm keeping this blog to show my process in the creation of my asset and to make sure the it fits the parameters of the brief.

Brainstorm


To help me come up with my idea for the design of my level and asset I have decided to start a brainstorm so that I can get multiple ideas down and comb through for the better ideas, this will help me see all my options when it comes to the design process.

(insert brainstorm design page image)

Mind map creation


Once my brain storm was completed I combed through and picked the ideas I like better or thought would work in conjunction with the brief better, mind maps are useful for this because you can go into a lot more detail about your design because you can branch off things like the functions, materials and textures you can apply to the asset/level. But on the flip side mind maps only look at things as a whole and not specific aspects so this can be a problem when showing others your idea they may know where your getting at with your idea but not all the finer details.

(insert Mind map image here)

Mood Board creation


Both my Mood boards were created on Pinterest so that I could explain in greater detail why I picked each reference picture this was better than the original plan of creating mood boards on Photoshop because I can get more information into my mood boards on Pinterest than I can making them in Photoshop , here’s the link to both my mood boards

Level Mood board



Pillar Mood board




No comments:

Post a Comment