Exporting from Maya
To get my model ready for export i first selected it and
moved it to the centre of the world via its pivot point, I did this so that
when the mesh is imported into the game engine it is exactly where placed and
not offset because it is done in conjunction with the centre of the world. Once
the mesh was placed into the centre of the world I then froze the
transformations so that the attributes are reset to the default without losing
the geometry , as well as this I then went to edit and deleted by type and
selected history so that is deleted the history of my original model . My grid
at home was already scaled to the size of that in Unreal 4 so I didn’t have to
worry about that I simply went to file and pressed export selection, this then
brought up a box with exporting option inside all I needed to change was add
smoothing groups to on and then change the type of fbx file it was using I had
to change this to 2013 because that is what unreal engine is using.
Importing into Unreal
Once my export was completed I loaded up unreal engine and
once I start up my default scene I was finally ready to import, this is the
most simple part f the process all I have to do is go to file import and once
there I can simply import straight into Unreal 4 and this will give me a box of
meshes I have imported and from here I can simply drag the mesh straight into
the scene and there we go the mesh is imported into Unreal engine. I Could improve
the detail by adding a texture and effects because its not relevant for the
brief but I may revisit it in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment